Installing The Novell Client (Windows Vista)
- Novell Client for Windows Vista (click this link to run the exe file)
- Click 'run' on the windows pop up, and then select 'unzip' when you see the option below.
- The files will be un-zipped to your machine. Click ok.
- Navigate to your C drive and you will find a Novell
- Inside the Novell folder there is a the subdirectory "Novell Client for Windows Vista 1.0 ".
- Click into this folder and double click on the setup file.
- Click the 'Next' button to start the installation.
- Check the tick box to accept the License Agreement and click 'Next' .
- Select the 'custom' install option.
- Say 'next' to the all default options, except you need to
- and click 'Install ' to complete the installation
- When you click this the install will start and files will be copied to
the correct folders.
- Once the install is complete you will be asked to reboot your machine.
- When your machine re-starts, you will need to login to the machine locally first. Select the
'workstation only' option.
- Once you've logged in a red letter N will apear in the bottom right hand
- Right click on the N and select 'Novel Client Properties'.
- Select the 'System Login Profiles'
- Click on default and select properties.
- In the eDirectory tab type the IP address: 22.214.171.124.
- Click 'ok' to take you back to the client configaration box.
- Click 'ok' and reboot the machine.
- Log in to your machine 'workstation only' again. This time right
click on the red N and select 'Novell Login'. You will need to enter
your Faculty username and password. This is the same password as is
used for the Econ-centenary Remote Desktop Service.
- If you are having problems logging in, try adding ".people.econ"
to the end of your username.
- If you still have problems connecting or have any questions about the installation please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring extension 48160